Green Cast's sustainable process
"Sustainability” has become a buzzword in the last decade, but at Madreperla S.p.A., the maker of Green Cast, sustainability has been built into our culture since 1959. That’s because we believe that innovation doesn’t just mean creating new products; it means creating new technologies that allow us to create our products with the minimum impact on our environment.
We have invested in research with renowned universities in Italy and Germany to develop new technologies for our manufacturing process. These technologies allow us to significantly reduce our carbon footprint, while perfecting a process of regeneration of PMMA waste, which is then use to make 100% recycled, 100% recyclable Green Cast cast acrylic sheets.
Over the years, this focus on sustainability means we’ve been able to:
- Reduce our water consumption
- Reduce carbon emissions by 20%
- Reduce waste
- Save energy
Our unique process allows us to:
- Reduce the use of raw materials
- Reuse products at the end of their life-cycle
- Divert acrylic processing waste that would otherwise go to landfills or the incinerator
- Help protect the environment and its valuable resources
Greencast's sustainability characteristics:
- Made from 100% recycled raw materials (recycled Methyl methacrylate monomer) and can be recycled over and over again.
- Complies with ISO 7823.1
- VOC- and HFC-free
- Uses less water and generates less carbon dioxide than the virgin cast acrylic sheet production process
- Produced with synthetic Monomer (MMA), which significantly reduces the carbon foot print.